Check out my interview, An Overview of Flooring for Your Home: An Interview with Alex of Express Wood on Pennsylvania Homes, one of the top sites for Pennsylvania real estate, including Portland, PA real estate. Pennsylvania Homes also services New York homes for sale and North Carolina homes for sale.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why choose Express Wood?
-We have over 40 years of combined experience in hardwood flooring and carpentry.
-No hidden charges!
-We are here to serve you!
-We are fully licensed and insured!
-Hundreds of Satisfied Customers!
Does Express Wood offer FREE ESTIMATES?
What Products do we use?
-Hardwood, Laminate, Tile products from Competitive Kitchens - They have a big variety to choose from and very reasonable prices, and a good quality products. Plus they match and beat other Big Name store prices.
-Crown/Shoe/Base/Casings from Summit Hardwoods or Kraft Lumber, Erie Pa.
Do you have a contractor referral list for other services?
Why choose hardwood floors?
Installation of Hardwood Floors (or refinishing of existing floors) increases the value of your home instantly, you can even provide the advantage needed for a quicker sale in today's competitive housing market.
-Properly maintained, hardwood floors can last a lifetime.
-Hardwood floors are more sanitary than other types of flooring.
-Hardwood floors are hypo-allergenic, trapping fewer allergens, bacteria, and dust mites than other flooring options
-Hardwood Floors help to improve air quality.
-Hardwood flooring is easy to maintain when compared to some other types of floors.
-Hardwood Floors can be repaired if damaged.
-It's always an option to have your floor refinished if you would like to renew it.
Sandless Floor Refinishing VS. Floor Sanding
-Does NOT remove current floor imperfections ( scratches / dents / gouges )
-Cannot Stain the floor.
-Discoloration can not be fixed.
-Most water based finishes that they use- do not last long, especially with pets or kids in a house.
-Board Cupping cannot be fixed.
-Gaps cannot be filled in with wood filler.
-THE FLOOR STILL LOOKS OLD with just a little more shine to it.
-Most Scratches / Gouges / Dents removed
-Color of the floor may be changed, if so desired (stained).
-Most Gaps can be filled in with filler.
-Floor can be leveled (restrictions apply)
-THE FLOOR LOOKS LIKE NEW AGAIN
How do hardwood floors fare against other flooring surfaces?
Why should i spend money to restore my hardwood floors?
How messy is the process of refinishing?
How do I take care of my hardwood Floors?
- Always lift furniture when moving it, never drag it against your floors.
- Keep potted plants off a hardwood floor so condensation does not build up.
- Wipe food and other spills from your hardwood floor immediately, with a water dampened cloth or paper towel.
- Most of the time your floors will only need a quick dry mop to pick up dust, or you can use vacuum cleaner with a soft bristle brush to clean the floors.
- When you need to wash the floor you can use warm water.
- DO NOT EVER WAX your Hardwood Floor, since after waxing you will not be able to re-coat them later on, because poly doesn't adhere to waxed floors.
- Avoid wearing high heels on your wood floors. The pressure from an average woman walking in high heels can be up to 8000lbs per square inch, and cause small indentations and dents in your floor.
- In kitchens, place mats at areas where spills are frequent, such as the sink, stove, or refrigerator.
- Trim and file your pet’s nails regularly to minimize scratches to your floors. Make sure that the dog’s toys do not have sharp corners or edges that can scratch your floors.
- Use of a humidifier throughout the winter season will keep natural seasonal wood shrinkage and movement to a minimum.
- DO NOT clean hardwood floors with any cleaners that contain Oils in them or leave any kind of sheen or residue behind!
Express Wood Refinishing & Installing
2041 W 12th St, Erie PA 16505